Friday, August 23, 2013

Coconut Oil Love #1...

**I'm bringing this post over from my other blog because it is a wonderful product and as a makeup remover, it's great!  Also, I'm going to write a new post using coconut oil in my smoothies...enjoy!**
 

Coconut Oil, an all natural gift from mother nature.  I have a great fondness and tremendous amount of respect for this jar of awesomeness.  I wish I could tell you how I first learned about it, but I can't even remember.  I just know that I started using it a little over a year ago and haven't looked back.  The benefits and uses for CO are great and endless and did I mention, it's not expensive at all!  So during the next week, I'm going to share my uses for CO and I hope that if you currently use it, that you'll share in the comments.

Tonight I'll share my first use for CO...

 - Eye makeup remover 

It's greasy, so it may take some getting used to, but just put a little on your fingers, gently rub in and wipe with a cotton pad, washcloth or just rinse with warm water and your hands.  It works so much better than any remover I've ever purchased, easily removes waterproof mascara and is soooo incredibly good for your skin!  I'll let you in on a little secret...I no longer use typical face wash.  I wash my face with CO and then leave a little on as a moisturizer at night.  I'll be honest, when I first started this, my skin seemed to get worse.  This was only happening because the CO was getting out the dirt, oil and other impurities.  After about a week, my face was just as smooth as could be and I rarely have a breakout now.  That's huge for me!  Even as an adult, I'm prone to acne attacks.  But using CO, it's really hard to remember the last time I had a breakout. 

Another great place to apply the CO is to your lips...natural lip balm!  Your lips will be kissably soft and smooth in no time! 

So that's it...Now consider yourself fortunate enough to see my before and after pictures from using it as eye makeup remover - or maybe not so fortunate if I scare you to death with my naked eyes (:

Before with makeup on...and yes I realize that I totally need to pluck some brows!  Yowzers!


 

So pretty...

 
 
 
 
 
Next use...a healthy fat in smoothies!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment