Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My China Cabinet...

I found this little beauty a couple of years ago in a thrift store on my lunch break.  It was $200...how on earth could I pass that up??  Now I know it needs some love, and my plan is to paint it, once I learn how to paint furniture.  For now, I think it looks pretty good with my china inside!  Plus, there are 2 cabinets and 3 drawers packed full of other china!  I'm a little bit of an addict when it comes to dishes...I'll be sure to share that one day. 

So today I just wanted to share with you some of the little treasures included in my china cabinet...


I am in LOVE with these doors...just haven't figured out how to clean the glass properly...any tips??
 

 
And yes, I see that there was something trying to escape the drawer, ha! 

 
The china above was actually my grandparents...I have 5 complete place settings of it!  I decided to add just one set in the cabinet for display along with my wedding china.  I'm extremely sentimental, so being able to display this means so much to me. 

 
You can see my china above...my grandmother's china was ivory...other than that, mine was pretty similar! 

 
Some of my grandmother's depression glass...it's so unique!

 
My dad's baby cup (glass) and my grandmothers. 

And this little gem...I found her at an antique shop...less than $10, made in Germany (it's some sort of a collectible...need to research that) and I had to have her!  If you know me, you know that I love pigs and love to collect unique pig figurines...I think this little piggy bank fits the bill. 
 
I hope you enjoyed touring my china cabinet...and if any of you have tips on cleaning the glass as well as painting furniture, please feel free to share!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment